Pasta is a weakness for many people trying to maintain a low calorie diet. And it is that traditional recipes are made from refined wheat flour, with a high content of carbohydrates . Next, we propose you some zucchini and salmon noodles, ideal for keeping in good shape and providing essential nutrients to your diet.
Salmon is one of the best sources of essential fatty acids especially omega 3. Since our bodies are not capable of producing these good fats, we need to obtain them through of feeding. In addition, it contains high quality proteins and easier to digest than red meat. In turn, zucchini provide fiber, vitamins A and C, folic acid, and minerals such as iron, manganese, and potassium. Not to mention that they contain a lot of water, helping us to maintain optimal hydration.
- 3 small zucchini
- 300 grams of fresh salmon
- 1 broccoli
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 125 ml of milk cream
- 25 ml of teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon black sesame
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated cheese (optional)
- To start preparing our noodles, we cut the salmon into medium pieces. Next, we marinate them with the crushed sesame and the teriyaki sauce, and let them rest in the fridge for an hour.
- After this time, sauté the salmon in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil over high heat . When they are cooked, turn off the heat and reserve. Be careful with this step so as not to overdo the cooking and dry the fish.
- Now, we start to make our creamy sauce. The first thing we do is wash the broccoli flowers well . Next, we put to steam for approximately 15 minutes with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Once cooked, we crush the broccoli flowers with the cream in a processor or blender . Our sauce is ready, now we reserve it and we dedicate ourselves to the noodles.
- To make the zucchini noodles, it will be very useful to have the help of a mandolin or a peeler . In this step, we need to cut thin slices of zucchini. Then, with a sharp knife, we cut each sheet into three or four thick ribbons. The idea is that the width is similar to that of a “real” noodle.
- Now, sauté the noodles with the other tablespoon of olive oil and season to taste . When they start to brown, add the salmon and continue to sauté for about five more minutes.
- Finally, add the broccoli sauce and continue to sauté for about three minutes, until it is at the desired temperature.
Our incredible zucchini and fresh salmon noodles are ready to be enjoyed. We serve with a handful of grated cheese on the ribbons and a few cherry tomatoes cut in half.