Yogurt candied grapes are an excellent alternative to today’s premade treats . The so-called “candies” are sweets whose main characteristic is the coating with sugar caramel. They can be nuts, seeds and even fruits like in this case. Candied foods are believed to be a medieval invention; Back then, the recipe included anise, fennel, and ginger seeds. Today, this culinary technique has evolved a lot and is used in countless sweets. The good news is that we can all confit our own fruits from the comfort of home.
Nutritionally, grapes are an excellent choice for confit, due to their nutritional properties . What better than eating a fruit with a high amount of antioxidants and vitamins in its composition. In it you get vitamin A, C and all of group B. Being 80% water and 17% b carbohydrate, this fruit is a fairly energetic food. Black grapes would be the most nutritious, being able to provide 110 calories per 100 grams. Then you can make an excellent recipe with grapes and yogurt … Pay attention!
- 2 individual units of skimmed natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 250 grams purple grapes
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of butter
How to prepare candied grapes with yogurt:
- Place the contents of both yogurts in a bowl .
- Add the sugar to the yogurt and beat well until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Reserve the mixture of yogurt and sugar in the fridge .
- Wash the grapes and cut them in half . Remove the seeds completely.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon.
- Heat a frying pan and put the butter until it melts
- Place the grapes and lemon juice in the pan. Sauté the mixture for approximately two minutes, stirring constantly. The grapes must maintain their shape, without breaking.
- Add about two tablespoons of water to the pan mixture and continue stirring . Cook for more minutes to bring the flavors together.
- Remove the grapes from the pan and serve in glasses with their cooking juice.
- Place the yogurt that was reserved in the fridge on top .
You can have this dessert after it is served or let it cool down a bit, everything will depend on the taste of each person. The important thing is to follow the preparation procedure according to the steps, monitoring the cooking time of the grapes. It is an ideal dish to introduce the little ones to the culinary world. It will be a gastronomic adventure!