Spanish cuisine has a remarkable tradition in the preparation of seafood. In the most prestigious restaurants, we will surely find “star dishes” based on fish and seafood . But it is not necessary to go to expensive places to taste these gastronomic proposals . Next, we show you how to prepare a delicious whiting with rice and clams that is easy to make.
In addition to being classic and delicious, this recipe is also a nutrition success story . We combine lean proteins and vitamins from fish, with the high content of iron and other minerals that clams provide us (calcium, copper, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, zinc, etc.). Both products are low in fat and calories, making them good allies for those who want to lose weight. To complete, we add a moderate amount of rice, providing the carbohydrates that our body uses as its main source of energy.
- 300 gr. of whiting
- 400 gr. clam
- 200 gr. of rice
- 1 medium potato
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large leek
- 1 medium (or 2 small) onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper + 1 green pepper
- 1 ripe tomato
- Bay leaf
- Vegetable broth or Water (amount needed)
- Parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
How to Prepare Whiting with rice and clams:
- To start we clean the clams well and put them to cook in a saucepan with water or broth (we use 2 glasses, approximately), and the bay leaf. When they open, strain and reserve both the broth and the cooked clams.
- Next, we chop the onion, the peppers, the leek and the garlic. In a saucepan (better if it is made of clay), we saute these vegetables until they acquire a slightly golden color .
- Season with salt and pepper and add the grated tomato (or finely chopped) and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- After this time, add the thinly sliced potato, the whiting and the rice (respecting this order) on the rehogado. Next, we pour the clam broth and the wine into the saucepan, and let it cook over low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- When the rice is almost ready (about 5 minutes to finish cooking), we add the clams to the surface .
- We rectify the point of salt.
- After cooking, we turn off the fire and let the whiting with rice and clams rest for another 5 minutes with the pot covered.
- Done! We can now serve our exquisite dish with a little chopped parsley on top to decorate and flavor.
Now, tell us … How would you taste this whiting with rice and clams? Would you accompany her with a good glass of white wine? Do you have your own secrets to prepare recipes with seafood? Leave us your comment and share with us all your tips !