We all know well the importance of regularly consuming vegetables in a healthy diet. But this does not mean that we always need to eat them the same way and, happily, there are numerous creative recipes that allow us to (re) discover the versatility of these ingredients. Next, we propose a vegetable pudding with English curry sauce in the best terrine style, which is ideal for alternating dishes on our menu.
Beyond adding a “spark” to our weekly menu, this dish is an optimal bet from a nutritional point of view. With complete freedom to adapt the filling, we take the opportunity to incorporate more cruciferous vegetables. These vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower are very rich in fibers, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help prevent cellular aging and numerous diseases.
To all this, we add cur ry, a mixture of spices recognized for their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, digestive, stimulant and anticancer properties. All this in a single recipe that, below, we show you how to make:
For the tub-type pudding:
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 small broccoli
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk (you can use vegetable milk)
- 1 whole leek
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
For the English curry cream:
- 3 tablespoons of ground curry
- 300 ml of evaporated milk
- 6 egg yolks
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare Vegetable Pudding with English Curry Sauce:
- To start, we clean all the vegetables well, we peel the carrots and separate the flowers from the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Next, finely chop the onion and leek and fry them in a saucepan with oil until they begin to brown. We turn off the fire, season with salt and pepper, add the spinach leaves and cover the pot.
- In another saucepan, cook the broccoli and cauliflower flowers until tender . Immediately, we pass them in very cold water to cut the cooking and dry with absorbent paper. When they are dry, we put them in an ovenproof pan.
- Now, we beat the milk with the eggs in a bowl until they are completely integrated. Next, we add the leek and the braised onions with the spinach leaves to this mixture. We mix well and immediately pour over the broccoli and cauliflower flowers that were already in the mold.
- Season and mix.
- We take the oven preheated to 160ºC and bake until the mixture is completely curdled. To make sure we cook, we put a wooden toothpick in the center of the preparation, and see if it comes out completely clean.
- While the pudding is baking, we prepare the English curry cream. First, over low heat. Then we beat the yolks in a bowl and, little by little, we add the milk with curry. We put the mixture in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, always stirring so that it does not burn. We cook until the texture of a Worcestershire sauce stops.
- We rectify the end point of salt.
- Done! We can now taste our vegetable pudding with English curry sauce. We will only have to cut a portion and serve it with a little sauce on top.
Now, it's your time to share… How would you serve this delicacy in your home? Would you enjoy it alone or would you add an accompaniment? Dare to prepare your own version and show us the results in the comments!