Pates are usually quite easy and quick to make. When talking about a vegan pate of mushrooms and nuts, it is known that it is not the same as if they carried goose liver or any other animal that it must undergo certain processes and that they may take longer. Vegetarian pates, and in this case vegan, are a very healthy alternative for those who do not want to give up good flavors. And all this without taking meat products and their proteins .
Mushrooms are a very healthy food for the body, a source of protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber . They strengthen the immune system, are low in calories (making them perfect for weight loss diets), promote digestive functions due to their fiber content, are antioxidants and help regulate blood pressure. They have niacin, which promotes the enzymatic functions of the body and improves the functioning of the nervous system. Along with all this, sugar levels decrease due to its very low glycemic index.
- 500 grams of mushrooms
- 80 grams of peeled walnuts
- 80 grams of almonds
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of brewer’s yeast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make a vegan pate of mushrooms and nuts:
- Cut the onion and garlic into thin slices.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and simmer the garlic and onion for two minutes .
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms until all traces of dirt are removed.
- Cut them into sheets and add them to the pan .
- Set the heat to medium intensity and cook until the mushrooms are browned .
- Toast the walnuts and almonds in the oven at 180 ° C for two to three minutes.
- In the blender glass mash the mushrooms with the garlic and onion, add the brewer’s yeast and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dried fruit and continue grinding until you achieve a fine and homogeneous cream.
You can prepare the vegan mushroom and nut pate and keep it in the fridge for three or four days. It is better that you cover it with plastic wrap when you store it in the fridge so that it does not get impregnated with other aromas and maintains its freshness, or in a container until it is served. There remains a spreadable cream of great flavor and nutritional value that you can put with slices of toast or crackers in any snack you have.