Veganism is the complete and strict abstention from products of animal origin, regardless of their nutritional value. Vegans do not eat honey, milk or its derivatives (yogurt or cheese), meat or eggs, nor do they accept the use of wool, leather or animal skins, cosmetics or medicines that have been tested on them. They adapt traditional recipes to the vegan way, like these vegan macaroni and soy bolognese.
Vegan food and veganism is a lifestyle that has spawned both detractors and followers. Although it is a minority in the population, in recent years it has experienced remarkable and constant growth. For its part, soybean has always been a substitute for meat in vegetarian dishes, not only for its high nutritional value but also for its versatility when cooking.
- 300 grams of macaroni without eggs
- 1 cup of textured soybean
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 aubergine
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 crushed ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to prepare vegan macaroni with soy bolognese:
- Hydrate soy : put it in a bowl with hot water, let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. When hydrated, drain well and set aside .
- Chop all the vegetables in brunoise as small as possible.
- In a large deep frying pan, sauté the onion . When it is transparent, add the garlic and the other vegetables . Cook for 10 minutes stirring.
- Add the salt and soy . Sauté everything together for five more minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and spices (thyme, oregano and pepper). Mix well and cook 10 more minutes over low heat .
- Rectify of salt.
- Besides, in a large pot put water to boil to make the macaroni.
- Add a point of salt after it boils. Add the pasta, stir it with a wooden spoon so that it does not stick and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When ready, drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce. It is always better that the pasta is a little al dente, rather than too old.
Whether you do it for pleasure or to follow a lifestyle, keep in mind that vegan and vegetarian diets (strictly speaking, all the truth) must be very well planned so that you do not miss any nutritional contribution. This dish is nutritious and delicious, and it doesn’t have a single animal-derived item.