Cookies have accompanied different human situations for millennia. When cereals started cooking and flour was invented, a way to prepare long-lasting and easy-to-transport food emerged. This was especially necessary, since sailors of all times and places required food that was not damaged and did not take up much space. Thus was born the biscuit a processed and baked cereal that has had few variations throughout its existence. Vanilla and Nutella cookies are one of the many ways to make cookies .
In ancient times, Egyptian sailors made flat, brittle bread from millet, which they called dhourra cake; The Romans, around the 1st century, created a round paste which they called buccelum or bis coctum . The Persians, for their part, had already learned to enrich the cereal mixes with eggs, butter, or honey. The earliest biscuit makings were hard, sugarless, and dry, cooked after bread to take advantage of the heat of the oven as it cooled, and were often the livelihood for the poorest.
- 300 grams of Nutella
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 115 grams of butter at room temperature
- 40 grams of brown sugar
- 150 grams of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 90 grams of chocolate chips
How to prepare vanilla and nutella cookies:
- Put the Nutella bottle in the fridge for 1 hour before preparation.
- Make 17 balls of Nutella and put them on a tray with baking paper. Take to the freezer to harden them.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt . Book.
- In another bowl, mix both sugars and butter mix with a spatula to form a paste.
- Add the egg and vanilla mix again.
- Incorporate the flour three times mixing well between each addition. Add the chips and mix. Take to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 17 equal parts .
- Take a part and make a hole in the center .
- Fill the hole with a Nutella ball, wrap with the dough and shape it into a round shape.
- Place all the cookies with the Nutella balls on the tray. Let stand 1 hour in the fridge .
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C for 15 or 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Put the vanilla and Nutella cookies on the baking sheet about 5 cm apart. Do not touch them when you take them out of the oven and wait 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool. They are a great snack for snacks.