The confinement generated by the presence of the coronavirus has led many of us to find a therapy in the kitchen, to distract ourselves and bring sweet delicacies to the table that the whole family can enjoy. This recipe for unleavened cake has been a success in the networks since this ingredient is scarce and there are not many cakes that go well without it. However, Alberto Chicote has achieved, without yeast, a spongy sponge cake, very light, which is made very easily and almost without thinking.
The renowned chef Chicote has made his recipe for unleavened cake a success and it can be seen on his Instagram account that he already has almost half a million followers. Chicote clarifies that his recipe is extremely simple and that he has only added cocoa and cinnamon to enhance its flavor, and taking into account its properties with high antioxidant levels.
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of flour
- 100 grams of milk
- 100 grams of virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Grated orange and lime or lemon
- A little cinnamon
- Boil the milk with the oil and the orange zest and let it rest
- Separate the yolks from the whites .
- When the milk mixed with the oil is below 60 degrees temperature, add the yolks and mix well with a rod.
- Add the flour to the mixture slowly, always mixing. It also combines cinnamon and cocoa.
- Put the whites and sugar in a bowl and beat until just before the snow point.
- Mix the two shakes very carefully and slowly.
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering the bottom and sides with non-stick paper.
- Place it on a tray with water and bake in a water bath at 150 ° C for 1 hour.
- Raise the oven temperature to 170 ° C and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the sponge cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
Besides being delicious and healthy, this sponge cake recipe is extremely versatile. Both cocoa and cinnamon may be expendable since their absence will not affect the consistency or volume of the cake.
Instead of these ingredients you can use vanilla, caramel, fruit or your favorite flavors. Do you know another way to prepare a yeast-free cake? Leave us your comment with your tips and culinary creations. Share with your friends. It will be very helpful to have on hand a recipe that does not require yeast.