Risotto is a traditional Italian preparation where rice is slowly cooked and a broth is gradually added, which can be poultry, meat or vegetables. It can be prepared with countless ingredients, and is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy. Turkey risotto and brie cheese is proof that various ingredients can be combined and the result will always be succulent.
The risotto originates from the Lombardy area, in the north of the country, because in that region rice is planted and reaped abundantly. The most used cheese is Parmesan, and the one that usually gives character to the dish. To make the risotto very high quality varieties of rice that have a low starch content and the grain size is small to medium are used: these rices are capable of absorbing liquid and release starch, giving the typical pasty texture.
- 250 grams of rice
- 2 boneless turkey thighs
- 150 grams of mushrooms
- 300 grams of brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 15 grams of butter
- 25 cl of cider
- 15 cl of cream
- 1 onion
- 2 garlics
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- Fresh arugula leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
How to make turkey and brie cheese risotto:
- Fillet the turkey and saute lightly until golden. Book.
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them .
- Chop the onion and garlic in brunoise very small, just like the parsley . Reserve the latter.
- In a saucepan, fry the onion in the butter when it is transparent add the garlic. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the mushrooms and the cider . Let the water drain over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Incorporate the rice, stir so that the flavors are integrated. Then add the turkey .
- Add the broth little by little as it evaporates, add more, stirring constantly until it is creamy . Taste the salt.
- Add the brie cheese and continue stirring without stopping. Add the cream . Remove.
- Finish until the rice is cooked. Rectify the salt end point.
- Add parmesan last.
- Garnish with fresh arugula leaves .
The turkey and brie cheese risotto must be eaten immediately and very hot. It is a preparation to which the brie will give it even more creaminess. Surprise your diners with this top-notch recipe and accompany with a glass of soft white wine.