The omelette is made with beaten egg to which you can add literally anything you have in the pantry. It is cooked with butter or oil, depending on the area, in a pan. Although it is a French preparation (it is called omelette in French), the versatility of an omelette is very varied as the omelette with various smoked foods and cheese proves well. toast . The toast turns the omelette into a lid. The expression “ omelette a la française ” was possibly coined by the British in the late eighteenth century, when a cookbook ( Culina Famulatrix Medicinae ) was published in England with the recipe for “A french omelette ”.
This omelette is so simple to prepare that many believe that its origin is prehistoric although the oldest documents attesting to this way of preparing eggs point to the Achaemenid empire, the first empire of the Persians and the most extended; Apparently, they prepared a primitive herb omelette, very similar to the current kuku sabzi typical of Iranian cuisine.
- 200 grams of assorted smoked products (salmon, tuna, cod)
- 150 grams of onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- A roll of mozzarella cheese
- A splash of milk
- Parsley to taste
- Slices of country bread
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to prepare an omelette with assorted smoked meats and cheese on toast:
- Cut the bread into slices . Book.
- Chop the onion in brunoise, as small as possible.
- Cut the cheese roll into slices . Book.
- Chop the parsley very finely .
- Cut the smoked pieces into small pieces.
- Beat the eggs adding salt and pepper, and a splash of milk .
- In a large frying pan to make an omelette, add a splash of oil.
- Poach the onion. Add the smoked ones . Stir and fry.
- When the eggs are well integrated and beaten, pour them into the pan .
- Add the parsley and Parmesan . Let cook.
- When it is curdled, turn it and cook on the other side .
- Meanwhile, to toast the bread .
- When the omelette is ready, put it on a plate and wait a few minutes before cutting it into triangles .
- To assemble the toast : on the toasted bread place a handful of arugula, on top of a triangle of tortilla and finally a slice of cheese .
If you prefer, top the omelette with assorted smoked meats and cheese on toast with the arugula, instead of putting it first. It is a matter of taste, it is perfect as an aperitif or as a snack. The flavor of the smoked ones will give it a truly special touch.