This tomato and cucumber corn salad is refreshing and colorful . You can prepare it to eat at home or take it to work or to a picnic day. Two peculiarities of this recipe: it is suitable for celiacs and you can prepare it with fresh ingredients or with corn and roasted tomatoes. Regarding its consumption, it can be consumed immediately or stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If you prepare in advance, a good idea is to decorate with the fresh herbs just before serving.
Regarding its nutrients, corn and tomato are native to America . The cucumber comes from South Asia. Corn is the basis of indigenous American cuisine and is fully exploited. It is rich in carbohydrates and does not contain gluten. Tomato contains protein, vitamin C, and carotenoids, which give it its red color. The refreshing cucumber is 90% water, very low in calories, contains potassium and vitamin C. One serving of this salad has 190 kilocalories, 6 grams of fat, another six of protein, and 34 grams of carbohydrates.
- 2 to 3 ears of corn or a can of corn kernels
- 1 or 2 cucumbers
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- Dressings: extra virgin olive oil, wine vinegar or lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt
- Optional: 1 small clove of garlic, finely minced, basil, mint, coriander or parsley
- In a small bowl mix the oil, vinegar or lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Shelling the corn and arranging the grains in a bowl If the corn is tender, it can be used raw. If you prefer cooked, remember that it should not boil more than 7 minutes so that the beans do not harden.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them into cubes and add to the corn.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into cubes . Add to the bowl.
- Peel the onion and chop it Drain the pieces on a sheet of absorbent paper and then add to the bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Garnish with the chopped fresh herbs.
- Consume immediately.
This corn salad with tomato and cucumber is fresh, healthy and very easy. It can be the only dish for a light lunch or the ideal company for grilled beef or chicken.
For the roast version, simply wrap the corn and whole tomatoes, separately, in aluminum foil and place them on the grill while the meats are grilling. They will add a touch of sweet and smoky flavor. Don’t miss it!