Thistle mushrooms ( Pleurotus eryngii ) are quite easy to find in the central provinces of our country. These mushrooms have a delicious and aromatic taste, and have nothing to envy to the other species. They are usually collected in autumn and spring. His hat is smooth, not too big. When they are young specimens their shape is convex and the edge is rolled, and if they are adults the shape is rather flattened and often sunken. Any dish looks great, like these thistle mushrooms with sausages and cheese sauce.
The color of thistle mushrooms varies greatly and depends above all on the weather conditions, ranging from dark brown, light ocher and brown. Beneath his hat he has radial blades, from the brim to the top of the foot (these blades are called recurring), which are first white and then grayish ocher. It has a short foot that is usually curved. The meat is firm and consistent with a beautiful white color. The smell is soft and the sweet taste is very fine in texture.
- 750 grams of thistle mushrooms
- 3 sausages
- Iberico ham slices
- 2 garlics
- 1 chive
- 100 grams of blue cheese
- 200 grams of liquid cream
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to prepare thistle mushrooms with sausages and cheese sauce:
- Clean the mushrooms very well with a clean, damp cloth (they should not be put in water).
- Cut them into strips or sheets .
- In a large frying pan sauté them with a dot of olive oil .
- When they have released all the water add a pinch of salt and a minced clove of garlic . Book.
- Cut the sausages into slices .
- To make the cheese sauce : in a saucepan put a tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add a minced garlic and chives in brunoise leave to brown.
- Add the blue cheese stir to melt.
- Add the cream season with salt and pepper. The sauce is ready when the cheese melts .
- To serve: put a slice of Iberico ham, on top three tablespoons of the mushrooms and slices of chorizo .
The cheese sauce is set aside so that each diner adds the amount they want to their plate. Accompany with a good slice of homemade bread. Thistle mushrooms with sausages and cheese sauce are ideal for snacking, they are easy to make and the taste will pleasantly surprise everyone. If you do not want to add the chorizo, you can leave only the Iberico ham, or add lomo embuchado.