Jasmine rice is a variety of long grain rice with a very characteristic aroma and flavor. They call it jasmine because this flower is cultivated in Southeast Asia and has a very particular aroma. This type of rice is widely used in Thai cuisine which is why it is known as Thai rice. The recipe that we will see next, Thai rice with salmon, is typical of Thailand, with a spicy touch.
Due to its extra starch content, Thai rice must be drained in water before cooking in order to eliminate the excess liquid. When cooked, the beans tend to come together, and their flavor resembles that of roasted nuts. In Singapore is common in most houses, and is the protagonist of many typical dishes, although it is relatively expensive. hawkers or street vendors and most commercial establishments do not use it for this reason.
- 200 grams of Thai rice
- 1 slice of fresh salmon
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 3 large sweet and sour pickles
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Black olives
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
How to prepare Thai rice with salmon:
- Drain the rice in water for 5 minutes.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes in boiling water. Once cooked, strain it and transfer it to a salad bowl. Book.
- The rice must be strained, but not pass it through water at the tap since later it would not be joined in the same way to other ingredients.
- Chop the garlic and parsley very finely.
- In a jar put 5 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and parsley. Shake.
- Put the salmon on the grill lightly greased.
- Pour the olive oil mixture into the rice stir.
- Once the salmon is cooked and cold, remove the bones and mince it . Book.
- Finely chop the capers and gherkins and the sliced olives.
- Add corn, capers and pickles to rice .
- Next, add the crumbled salmon and black olives .
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the tomato into half slices and place it around the rice in the salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the tomato area with a string of soy sauce .
If you like exotic dishes, this Thai rice salad with salmon is perfect. Thai rice gives it an unbeatable flavor and salmon has healthy proteins of high biological value, in addition to omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.