The tarte tropézienne is a brioche filled with cream originating in France created in 1955 by Alexander Micka. This Polish pastry chef took his grandmother’s recipe and popularized it at a pastry shop located in Saint-Tropez. The film “God created women” was shot in this sector. During filming, the pastry chef was in charge of catering for the actors. The protagonist of the movie Brigitte Bardo fell in love with this delicious dessert which she frequently requested.
Desserts provide nutrients to the body in addition to being an incentive when in a vulnerable state of emotions. Its consumption should be moderate so as not to reach excesses so that its ingredients can be processed in a manner beneficial to the body.
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of fresh yeast
- 3 tablespoons of liquid milk at room temperature
- 4 units of eggs
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar (to decorate)
For the cream:
- 1 ltr. of milk
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon (the skin of a thick slice)
- 5 tablespoons of cornstarch
How to prepare tarte tropezienne:
- To prepare the cream, put the sugar and cornstarch in a bowl . Mix with a rod.
- Add just a cup of milk and the egg to the bowl. Mix until obtaining a porridge. Book.
- In a saucepan, pour the rest of the milk and the skin of the lemon wedge. Heat over high heat to a boil.
- When boiling the milk, incorporate the porridge and stir vigorously for 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Immediately pour into a container, remove the lemon peel, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- For the dough of the tart, in a container, pour the milk and the yeast. Whisk until the mixture is homogenized. Book.
- In a wide bowl, add the flour, an egg, salt and the sugar . Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Then, add two eggs, one by one and the butter to the bowl. Mix.
- Add the yeast dissolved in milk to the bowl and knead for 2 minutes until it forms a uniform dough. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let it rest for two hours at room temperature.
- As time passed, press the dough with the knuckles of your hand and form a flattened ball.
- Put baking paper on a baking sheet. Put the dough on the paper.
- Beat an egg to add to the dough on top with a kitchen brush . Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake the tart dough for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, make a horizontal cut to the cake, fill with the cream and sprinkle icing sugar to decorate.
Surprise the whole family with this delicious tropézienne tart. It is an outstanding dessert to please dessert lovers. You can accompany the cake with a cup of coffee.