Sweet potato with mushrooms is an energy recipe made from plant foods . This is the type of preparation that shows that energy cannot be obtained from meat alone. In fact, this is a rather interesting solution for vegans and vegetarians . But beyond the eating habits of the cook and diners, it is an ideal option for a change. There are very tasty and nutritious preparations that can be made with very little time. The best thing is that the vegetables can be fried and this allows to obtain compact flavors and easy to enjoy. Of course, mushrooms will be a key ingredient from a food perspective.
Mushrooms have great nutritional potential due to their high content of B vitamins . Therefore, its intake promotes metabolism and the uptake of healthy fatty acids. Regarding its mineral contribution, this food is also generous: it has iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, selenium, among others. All this is so despite being made up of 95% water. Its consumption directly benefits the skin, the nervous system and the immune system. Without a doubt, a food that cannot be lost sight of unless the consumer is allergic.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 300 grams of mushrooms
- 200 milliliters of vegetable broth
- 100 milliliters of white wine
- Olive oil
How to prepare sweet potato with mushrooms:
- Wash, peel and dice the onion into small pieces .
- Remove the peel from the sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Chop the mushrooms into cubes similar in size to those of the sweet potatoes .
- Heat a frying pan and add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Saute the onions in the pan for five minutes .
- Add the chopped mushrooms and sweet potatoes to the pan together with 100 millilitres of the vegetable stock. Let cook for five more minutes .
- Add the white wine and the rest of the broth to the pan mixture . Increase the heat for two minutes and then return to a medium intensity. Cover the pan and cook for another five minutes.
- Rectify the salt and pepper. Wait for the liquid to evaporate and remove from the pan .
Despite looking like a light meal, the energy potential of this dish is remarkable. Incorporation of a large garnish portion is likely not required. Sweet potatoes provide healthy carbohydrates and sugars.