A sweet coconut omelette? Yes, and even for breakfast . Eggs are one of the highest quality animal proteins out there. Eating them regularly (two or three times a week) is advisable to maintain muscle health on the point, in addition to being very versatile when it comes to cooking and they combine very well with almost anything. The important thing about this recipe is the additional ingredient: coconut.
Coconut that tropical fruit of the coconut tree, is a wonderful source of nutrients, but also of flavor. Its meat, the white pulp inside the hard shell, is highly appreciated in world kitchens, not to mention coconut water, the composition of which can serve as serum in case of dehydration. The ripe pulp can be eaten raw, in pieces or grated, and when cooked it acquires a unique aroma.
The omelette is usually a good breakfast perfect to start a new day; It is versatile (you can make it with almost an infinite variety of ingredients), fast and easy to make. When it is sweet, as in this case, it provides the body with enough calories .
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of butter or olive oil
- Grated coconut for garnish (optional)
How to prepare a sweet coconut omelette:
- Beat the eggs with the sugar .
- Add the grated coconut and beat again.
- In a flat pan or pancake, put a little piece of butter or a few drops of olive oil.
- When the pan has melted and is very hot, pour the egg mixture .
- Cook over low heat until it starts to set.
- Close the tortilla on one side and then the other, as if it were an omelette or fold it in two.
- Cook a few more minutes and serve .
You can serve this sweet coconut omelette for breakfast, accompanied by toast and fruit, or as a dinner with a different flavor. If you like contrasts, serve with chives on top and perhaps you can fill the omelette with a soft cheese, which melts quickly. It will be quite an experience.
If you prefer to serve this omelette as a dessert, such as a crepe for example (although it is not), you can fill it with pieces of chocolate, close it and cook until it begins to melt. Thus when cutting the chocolate it will spill appetizingly. You can also add a tablespoon of dulce de leche, although in this case it may be a bit overdue with sugar.