The strawberries in Porto are a simple dessert that admits a great variety of complements. We can serve them accompanied by a yogurt a curd, cream or even on a good chocolate base. In the season of strawberries knowing how to cook them to make them look amazing is easy. We will use the minimum expression in terms of ingredients, taking full advantage of the natural sweetness of this fruit. A little honey and the indispensable Port will create impressive strawberries. If you want to indulge yourself that it takes to forget, take note of these strawberries in Porto.
- 450 gr of strawberries
- 20 ml of olive oil
- 30 ml of honey
- 40 ml of Port wine
- Orange or lemon zest
- 10 ml of Modena vinegar
- Yogurt to decorate
- Chocolate to decorate
How to prepare strawberries in Porto
- These strawberries look amazing they only need a little preparation to create one of the most delicious desserts that exist.
- We will start this recipe by turning on the oven. We set it to 180º so that it is ready when it comes to receiving these delicious strawberries that will be roasted with all their juices.
- We wash the strawberries well and chop them up . The quality of the strawberries will make the difference, although as they will be roasted, we can take advantage of this dessert to take advantage of those that are older.
- We prepare a baking dish . Ideally, it should be non-stick, if not, we line it with baking paper to avoid anything sticking to us.
- We put the strawberries in the source . It is important that they are not piled up. We will keep a minimum distance between them so that they cook at the same time.
- We grate the peels of a lemon or an orange we want to give them that special citrus touch that will combine beautifully with this fruit.
- We heat the honey a little to the microwave so that it covers better all the strawberries. We are putting it on top.
- We water with a little olive oil to give it a more forceful cooking in the oven, they may have a slight special touch.
- It is time to put the port wine . We can substitute this ingredient for any sweet wine that we have at home.
- The final splash of vinegar from Modena will finish creating strawberries that will impress. With everything ready we put them in the oven.
- At 180º it will take about 35 minutes . They must be soft and have released all their juices. We remove them from the oven and put in a source with all the juices from the baking tray.
- If necessary we can add a little more port or honey . It will give our strawberries a spectacular finish. With yogurt, cream or chocolate, or on their own, they are an exceptional dessert.