Steamed salmon with mustard and cider is a succulent way to prepare this interesting fish . Cider is an alcoholic beverage that is quite related to Asturias since times even older than those of the Roman Empire. The Celtic peoples who occupied the Iberian Peninsula prepared and ingested it with much daily life; the Greek historian Estragon said that they drank it a lot because of the shortage of grape wine. Today, this drink made from apples or pears is an Asturian and human heritage. The best thing is that it can be used in the kitchen to season almost any meat, including fish.
No alcoholic beverage can be considered as positive for the human organism. However, the cider has the advantage of having a low alcohol concentration it ranges between 8% and 2% depending on the formula used in each region and country. In addition, its consumption provides vitamins C, B, E, K, potassium and zinc, among other nutrients. Everything will also depend on the distribution of its ingredients and its preparation procedure. Next, we will use it to flavor a steamed salmon … Stay with us!
- 4 loins of salmon
- 150 grams of butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 300 milliliters of natural apple cider
- 1 spring onion
- coarse salt
How to Make a Steamed Salmon Recipe:
- Clean the salmon loin making sure that it does not have any remains of skin or bones .
- Chop the spring onion into very small cubes.
- Heat a frying pan and melt approximately 30 grams of butter .
- Saute the chives in the pan for about seven minutes.
- Add the cider to the chives and cook until their contents evaporate in half .
- Steam the salmon with salt for 10 minutes . Take out and reserve.
- Add the rest of the butter in the pan that contains the cider and chive mixture. Mix progressively .
- Add the mustard to the cider mixture . Stir well.
- Put the sauce to the point of salt.
- Sprinkle the dill or your chosen herb or spice, and serve the salmon as hot as possible.
- It can be served with a side of cooked white rice.
Those without fresh dill can also use sage leaves to add flavor and fragrance to the meat. This type of elements is very important to give more fragrance to the recipe. In the same way, these dry shades, bought in markets like aromatic herbs and spices, can be used.