These Spinach Muffins with Cheese are a wonder to make in the blink of an eye. The spinach are a staple of any kitchen, fresh or frozen, its weekly consumption is recommended to keep fit. They have few calories and many vitamins, they make these muffins one of the healthiest that exist. We will use whole eggs but you can put only the whites to reduce fat. Cheese will be the other great ingredient in these amazing muffins. Dare with a recipe that besides being wonderful, is very easy to prepare.
- 200 gr of spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 gr of cheese
- 1 packet of yeast
- Olive oil
How to make spinach muffins with cheese
- Making some spinach cheese muffins is an ideal option as a snack or informal dinner in front of the television. We can accompany them with a tomato sauce or decorate with a little mustard, they are impressive.
- Peel and chop the onion very finely . We repeat the operation with the garlic. We are going to poach these two ingredients in a frying pan with a splash of oil. It will take about 7 minutes to be tender.
- After this time we should have the spinach ready. We will use some fresh or frozen spinach . In the case of being fresh, we wash and chop them. If frozen, thaw and chop.
- Add the spinach to the pan with the onion and garlic . We saute for a few minutes. They contain water and so that we have some fluffier muffins we will let it evaporate a little.
- This spinach base will be complemented with the rest of the ingredients. Eggs will be the other element that will go into action. We are going to beat them well before.
- The spinach that we have sauteed we put them in the glass of the mixer and wait for them to cool before putting the eggs.
- Mix and add the grated cheese . To give them texture we put the yeast that will make them grow in the oven.
- We spread the muffin tin with butter . We fill in half keeping in mind that they will increase in size.
- We bake at 180º for about 10 minutes . We check that they are ready, remove from the oven and wait for them to cool.
- Unmold and serve with a tomato sauce, a little mustard or even a homemade cheese sauce. We will have some luxury salty muffins ready, we will only have to try them and enjoy them with the whole family.