Spiced Roasted Carrots is a dish that can be served as a starter or as a garnish for a main course. The carrot is cooked in the oven, acquiring a pleasant crisp texture flavored with various spices. In this recipe sweet paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, garlic and pepper are used. A perfect combination of flavors that elevates the experience of eating carrots. If you bring this dish to the table as a starter, it can be combined with a fresh yogurt sauce .
The carrot is a vegetable that contains nutritional properties favorable to health . It has a high water content, which makes it an excellent natural diuretic. It contains beta-carotenes, also called vitamin A, an important vitamin for eye health. Hence the grandmother's recommendation to eat carrots to have a good view. Among other things, vitamin A also strengthens the hair and protects the skin.
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- ½ tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon of sweet paprika
- ½ tablespoon of cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon of cayenne
- ½ tablespoon of ground garlic
- ½ tablespoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
How to prepare roasted carrots with spices:
- Peel and cut the carrots into pieces of approximately 5 x 1 cm.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, add a tablespoon of olive oil to grease it on its entire surface.
- Add the chopped carrot to the tray.
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the mustard and vinegar . Mix well.
- Next, add the sweet paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and garlic to the bowl . Add the black pepper and salt to taste. Mix well until the ingredients are integrated.
- Regarding spices, they can be substituted by others, the ones you like the most.
- Distribute the previous mixture on the carrots until they are well impregnated on all sides.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toasted . The baking time is merely indicative, it will depend on the size of the carrots, their degree of hardness, the desired final texture, etc.
- Before serving, rectify the touch of salt.
This recipe for spiced roasted carrots will give you a chance to bring a delicious and healthy side dish to the table. It is perfect to accompany all kinds of meat. It can even be served as a light dinner. You are going to love it.