Some accompaniments have the power to give a special touch to essentially simple dishes. This is surely what happens when we add candied tomatoes to our preparations. With a few simple steps, we managed to give a gourmet look to recipes on the daily menu. Next, we propose to learn how to make this tenderloin with candied tomatoes simple and ideal for showing off in the kitchen.
But not only do human beings live by appearances … And that is why this dish is also an excellent bet from a nutritional perspective . The sirloin proteins are perfectly complemented by the fibers and powerful antioxidants of the tomato. In addition, the combination of the two ingredients guarantees a contribution of vitamins and minerals that is highly relevant to our immune system. Together, they provide us with vitamins A, C, D, K and B complex, and numerous minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 2 Pork tenderloins
- 250 gr. cherry tomatoes ( cherries )
- 40 gr. Dijon mustard
- 200 ml of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of neutral oil
- 40 gr. of brown sugar
- Generous bouquet of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The first thing we do is cut the sirloins in half always using a sharp knife. Next, we cut each half lengthwise, obtaining eight portions of pork tenderloin.
- Now, we wash the cherries tomatoes well and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a suitable ovenproof pot or pan, roast the covered tomatoes for about five minutes. The oven must be previously heated to a temperature of 180ºC.
- After five minutes of cooking, remove the tomatoes from the oven to add the chopped parsley and half the sugar brown (20 gr.). We take it back to the oven at the same temperature and let it roast for another two or three minutes.
- Meanwhile, we take a frying pan with neutral oil over high heat and seal each portion of sirloin on all sides.
- After finishing sealing the pork, pour the vinegar into the pan to make a reduction with the pot bottom . Let it reduce for about two or three minutes and remove from the heat. Next, we add the mustard and the other half of the brown sugar (20 gr.).
- We take the tomatoes and over them we add the reduction of oil, mustard and sugar that we have just prepared. Carefully stir gently to prevent breakage.
- Finally, we brown the sirloins again (approximately 1 minute of cooking on each side) and season with salt and pepper.
- Done! We are already serving our golden sirloin with the candied tomatoes and the sauce derived from the reduction.
What can we accompany this delicious sirloin with candied tomatoes? Well, with what you like best and have available in your fridge or pantry. Some steamed broccoli sprigs, a green salad, a traditional mashed sweet potato, some sauteed zucchini noodles, a scented rice, among many other options. Dare to experiment! And don’t forget to share with us photos and tips of your favorite recipes.