Sirloin medallions are good jokers in the kitchen, since they always allow us to prepare simple dishes with a professional appearance . They are also versatile, because they can be made with different cuts of meat and they get along well with a wide range of ingredients. Here we bring you an easy recipe for sirloin medallions with mushrooms and asparagus; this dish is also guaranteed its nutritional relevance . Since we used a relatively fatty cut, we opted to combine it with low calorie and fat foods.
From the sirloin, we will obtain proteins, vitamins (A, D, K and B complex), and minerals (iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc). Asparagus is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C and natural antioxidants, also contributing to improve satiety. And let’s not forget mushrooms which are rich in water, protein and minerals. With all this we ensure that they provide as many essential nutrients as possible to our body.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 600 gr. of Mushrooms or champignons
- A handful of green asparagus
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary or thyme
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The first thing we will do is prepare the sirloin medallions . To do this, simply cut the piece of sirloin horizontally, generating medium-thickness circles (two to three fingers, to have a practical measurement). Season and reserve while preparing the marinade.
- In a bowl we mix one tablespoon of olive oil, soy sauce, curry, crushed garlic clove and rosemary (or thyme). Next, we smear the medallions well and take the bowl covered with plastic wrap to the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we put the whole potatoes to cookers in a saucepan with water. We also cut the asparagus at the required height and boil the water to blanch them.
- Next we cut the purple onion in julienne strips and the mushrooms in four equal parts. In a frying pan over high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, put the onions and, when they are beginning to brown, add the mushrooms and blanched asparagus.
- We sauté about five minutes so that the mushrooms soften and reserve the stir-fry in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add one more thread of oil and brown the medallions on all sides. When we are done, add the white wine in the pan and the marinade that we used previously (strain it previously). We allow it to reduce for about five minutes.
- Now, we again incorporate the medallions and the vegetable stir fry in the reduced sauce . We cover the pan and let the preparation cook for about five or seven minutes, over medium heat (almost low).
- We rectify the point of salt.
- Meanwhile, we cut the cooked potatoes in half vertically . Then brown each half on both sides, on a grill, grill or frying pan with a teaspoon of butter.
- Done! We can now serve our medallions with mushrooms and asparagus, accompanied by golden potatoes.
Do you dare to cook this recipe ?, What are you waiting to prepare this recipe at home? Don’t forget to leave your comments and share the photos of your dishes with us.