The meatballs from Ikea have ended up being the main protagonists of this quarantine. The Swedish company has wanted to give its customers and the entire world its best-kept secret, the recipe for its legendary meatballs. This plate is an icon of furniture purchases and can become one of the most recurring in any home. The whole family loves some good meatballs and in this case, a Swedish air will not hurt. Discover Ikea's biggest secret, dare to try some meatballs with their own name.
- 500 gr of minced beef
- 250 gr of minced pork
- 1 onion
- 1 grain of garlic
- 100 gr of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of whole milk
For the Swedish sauce
- A stream of oil
- 40 gr of butter
- 40 gr of wheat flour
- 150 ml of vegetable broth
- 150 ml of chicken broth
- 150 ml of cream for cooking
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
How to prepare the Ikea meatballs
- This recipe is very easy to prepare just like your furniture, you only need to follow the instructions to achieve a spectacular result.
- Mix twice as much beef as minced pork in a bowl. Ideally, keep the proportions, we can make more and have this wonder ready in the freezer.
- Peel an onion and chop or grate it very finely . It will go directly to the meatball dough so that it blends perfectly with the rest of the ingredients.
- We will flavor it with a peeled and cut garlic clove . Add the egg and milk. We knead everything well.
- Season to taste and add the breadcrumbs . We let it rest in the fridge so that all the flavors merge.
- We shape the meatballs and fry them with a little oil. We reserve while we continue with the sauce.
- We put a splash of oil with the butter. We give it texture with the flour, as if we were making a bechamel sauce, we toast it a little.
- We incorporate, without stopping stirring, the broth and cream . We use rods so that there is no lump left and it ends up being a smooth sauce.
- We will give it color and flavor with mustard and soy sauce . We will have ready the sauce that will perfectly cover the meatballs. With a little bread we will enjoy the Ikea recipe at home.