Salmon is one of the most appreciated fish in international gastronomy, being the protagonist of numerous gourmet dishes . Grilled, baked, grilled and even raw, the versatility of this fish can only be compared to its taste. Here we will look at a salmon flan recipe that is not only light and delicious, but also highly nutritious.
In addition to being a high-quality protein source, salmon offers us numerous minerals and is rich in essential fatty acids (especially Omega 3). Since our body is not capable of producing this fundamental nutrient, we need to acquire it through food. And this time we also add the vitamins and fibers of the carrot .
- 250 g of fresh salmon
- 4 eggs
- 300 g of carrots
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 300 g of milk cream (or evaporated milk)
- 1 spring onion
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rosemary or Thyme (to flavor)
- To begin with, we take the carrots, wash them, peel and cut them into thin slices . Next, we go to the chives, which we also rinse well and cut into small cubes.
- In a frying pan add a tablespoon of butter and bring to medium heat. When it melts completely, we add the shallots and let them fry for about a minute .
- Now, add the carrots, season with salt and pepper, stir well and add ¼ cup white wine. When the alcohol evaporates, add 4 tablespoons of water, cover and let cook until tender. This can take between 15 and 20 minutes.
- While the carrots are cooking, we prepare the fish. To do this, we place the salmon on a plate previously lined with aluminum foil or on a glass platter. On the fillets we spread the other tablespoon of butter, salt, pepper and the sprig of thyme or rosemary.
- Next, we take the salmon to the previously heated medium oven at 180º, about 20 minutes. When it is cooked, remove from the oven and reserve.
- Returning to the pan with the carrots … After 15 or 20 minutes of cooking, add the evaporated milk (or the cream). Let it continue cooking for five more minutes with the pan covered.
- With the cooked fish and vegetables, we move on to the last stage. In a processor or blender add the fish, salmon, carrot preparation and eggs. We crush until obtaining a smooth mashed textured mixture.
- We prepare the molds where we will bake the flan and the plate that we will use for the bain-marie. Before adding the preparation to the mold (or the molds, if you make individual portions), we recommend painting with a little melted butter or neutral oil.
- Fill the molds with the dough almost to the edge and bake in a water bath for 35 to 40 minutes, at a temperature of 170ºC. Equally, we always make sure they are well cooked by inserting a toothpick in the center.
When the salmon flannels are cooked, remove from the oven and serve the salmon flan at the temperature we like best. Do you want one more tip? This salmon and carrot flan is ideal accompanied by a cheese sauce.