Salmon and cinnamon croquettes are a creative way of eating fish . Because they are so crispy they are an ideal dish to introduce marine meat into the diet of the little ones. His invention relates to the aristocrat Louis de Bechamel, also related to the creation of the sauce that bears his surname. In fact, both foods are closely linked in their preparation. According to this story, the preparation of the croquette is attributed to the high French cuisine of the modern age. However, there are historians who assure that this recipe originated in the 16th century in Italy. Basically, the cooks of Louis XIV and those of the Medici are historically confronted by this European gastronomic wonder.
These croquettes enhance the nutritional potential of any protein through eggs and breadcrumbs . But if it is complemented with cinnamon, a more balanced food is obtained. Cinnamon is a natural anti-inflammatory and also contributes to lower cholesterol, it is used to treat respiratory, digestive and metabolic disorders. For all these reasons, it becomes a regulating element when recipes are a little heavy or greasy. In this case, its potential is also its flavor … Continue reading!
- 250 grams of salmon
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- ½ tablespoon of cumin
- ½ onion
- Olive oil
How to prepare cinnamon and salmon croquettes:
- Cut the salmon into medium pieces and place in a bowl with depth .
- Mix the cinnamon, paprika, salt and pepper well.
- Season all the salmon with the cinnamon, the paprika, the salt and the pepper .
- Chop the onion into small cubes and add to the salmon.
- Beat the raw egg with a fork or manual whisk .
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs to the salmon and the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the salmon and the rest of the ingredients marinate for 20 minutes .
- Add everything in a processor and grind until the texture of the mixture is fine and manageable. Correct the salt and pepper .
- Make balls with the ground salmon mixture.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil and fry each of the croquettes . Leave on the fire for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove them from the pan and drain on absorbent paper to remove excess fat .
The next step is to select a sauce or dressing that goes well with the croquettes. Bechamel sauce is an excellent option. Salmon and cinnamon croquettes can be as delicious as chicken and other meats … What are you waiting to prepare them? Cheer up!