A smoked trout sandwich with guacamole, capers and tomato confit can be an authentic gourmet dish . The inventor of the sandwiches is said to have been John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, a British card-loving aristocrat who lived in the 18th century. During an especially long day (no less than 24 hours sitting at the gaming table), he asked for meat and two slices of bread to calm his hunger; he put the meat between the slices of bread and thus was born this way of eating that they baptized with his name.
Sandwiches account for a third of all fast food today, and are perfect for picnics, to the beach, to the country, or to the mountains. They allow combining various foods with bread of the most varied class, from white bread to black bread, rye, wheat and with different cereals. For the ingenious count they were the solution of the meals without getting dirty and being satisfied.
- Sliced bread with cereals and seeds
- Smoked trout slices
- Tomato confit slices
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 serrano green chili
- 1 spring onion
- 2 natural tomatoes
- Lime juice to taste
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ onion
- Salt and black pepper
How to make a smoked trout sandwich with guacamole, capers and tomato confit:
- To prepare the guacamole : chop the chives, ½ onion and natural tomatoes as finely as possible, as well as the chili .
- Crush the pulp of the avocados with a fork, reserving at least one of the seeds .
- Combine all the ingredients (tomatoes, onion, chives and chili) with the pureed avocado. Add the amount of lemon juice to taste and finally the chopped fresh coriander. If you wish, you can pass everything through a hand mixer so that the creamiest consistency remains.
- Try salt and reserve in the fridge.
- To assemble the sandwich : toast the bread slices, it can be baked or grilled.
- Chop the capers very fine.
- A tablespoon of guacamole will be placed on each slice. In one of them put a slice of trout, two or three slices of tomato confit and a handful of capers .
- Add salt and black pepper and sprinkle with a splash of olive oil . Cover with the other slice of bread with guacamole.
This recipe is ideal for making a good sandwich prepared at home, without falling into the routine of always eating the same thing. Also, it is a good way for the little ones in the house to eat fish.