Whiting stuffed with garlic sprouts in green sauce is an ideal option to make at home. Garlic or Chinese tender garlic, is a condiment widely used in Asian cuisine. Its flavor is similar to garlic and chives, but much milder. In China they are called Ji Kai in Japan Nira in Thailand Gui Chai and in Korea they say Buchu . In English they are known as chinese chives or garlic chives . It has long dark green leaves, and when it reaches its maximum growth a beautiful white flower comes out, which is also eaten.
There are two varieties of garlic and they differ in the color of their leaves, some more intense green and others more tender and whitish. The intense greens have a powerful flavor and the latter a more delicate and smooth flavor. In Asia they are widely used as a filling for popular dumplings and as a dressing for soups, stews, and kimchi varieties. In Thailand it is usually accompanied by the pad thai, one of the most famous recipes in this country .
- 1 kilo of whiting loins
- 300 grams of garlic sprouts
- 250 grams of peeled shrimp
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams of peas
- 100 ml of white wine
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare the whiting stuffed with garlic sprouts in green sauce:
- Ask the fishmonger to cut the whiting into large pieces . Clean and reserve.
- To make the sauce: finely chop the onion and garlic, just like the parsley .
- In a frying pan brown the onion, when crystallized add the garlic .
- When they are poached, add 1 tablespoon of flour, stir well, and then add the white wine . If desired, add a finger of water.
- When the alcohol evaporates, add the peas and parsley, cook for 8 minutes .
- To fill the whiting : julienne the garlic sprouts. Set aside a little of the green sauce and incorporate the garlic sprouts and the peeled and chopped prawns in half.
- Put the pieces of whiting two by two . On top of one place the mixture of garlic and shrimp and cover with another piece of whiting ( make like a sandwich ).
- Secure the pieces with kitchen chopsticks . Flour them and fry them in plenty of hot oil. Take them out and put them in the saucepan with the sauce, cook for 5 minutes so that the whiting acquires the flavor of the green sauce and the prawns are cooked.
If you like fish, the whiting stuffed with garlic in green sauce will be one of your favorite dishes. Accompany with grilled natural asparagus, watering everything with a good white wine.