Tuna is one of the fish preferred by Spanish gastronomy. In fact it is found in many recipes prepared in various ways. On the other hand, Spain has adopted peppers and has its own varieties, large or small, sweet or spicy. The secret of this recipe is in the condiments and nuances that it contains. We have chosen smoked sweet paprika, the trend in flavors, but you can replace it with the one you like best.
The tuna-pepper combination is a classic, and this recipe for tuna steak in bell pepper sauce bell pepper is simple, delicious, nutritious and inexpensive. Ideal to prepare at home as a second course or as a unique dish at dinner. What more could you ask for?
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 200 gr. tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 tuna fillets
- 300 gr. potatoes
- ½ bunch of chopped parsley
- ½ onion
- 1 teaspoon of smoked sweet paprika
- Wash the bell peppers, remove the seeds and cut into thin strips.
- Peel the garlic cloves and the onion and cut everything into thin slices.
- Take the tuna fillets, cut them in half, place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, seal the pieces of tuna and reserve .
- In the same pan, cover the bottom with a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the bell pepper strips and cook for four minutes. Season with the paprika, salt and pepper, mix.
- Add the tomato puree always mix everything on low heat.
- Incorporate the pieces of tuna, mix gently and let it take temperature for two minutes.
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve accompanied by natural potatoes and decorated with chopped fresh parsley.
Red bell peppers are ideal for this recipe due to their meatiness and flavor. Remember to choose the ones that are firmer and brighter. Smoked paprika brings sweetness and flavor. Regarding the condiments, depending on which one you use, you can vary the flavor of the recipe and obtain exquisite ethnic touches. For example, you can turn a tuna steak with a Spanish bell pepper sauce into a Caribbean dish by replacing the smoked sweet paprika with a mixture of pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Enjoy!