Some sweet potatoes stuffed with lentils will be an excellent way of providing energy to our body . In fact, sweet potato is a tuberculous root widely used to promote good nutrition. In some Latin American countries it is commonly known by the name of “sweet potato”. In general, this food is added in soups and similar dishes with the intention of generating a satiating sensation in the diner. However, unlike other less marked flavor vegetables, this plant usually has a characteristic sweet flavor. This distinguishes it and also allows you to experiment with it on a gastronomic level. Of course, its consumption has very positive effects.
Sweet potato is an important source of vitamin A and this is evidenced by its yellowish color . But this is not the only vitamin substance that this tuber shows, since it is rich in C, B6, B5, B1 and B2. Its consumption is believed to be essential for the care of tissues and this is due to its high content of antioxidants. People with arthritis problems are recommended a high consumption of this food. So below, you can see an excellent combination with a very complete grain: lentil.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 400 grams of red lentils
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 apricots
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of cardamom
- 1 carrot
- 70 grams of spinach leaves
How to prepare sweet potatoes stuffed with lentils:
- Boil the lentils until cooked, in a pot with water and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and chop the onions, carrots and garlic in small cubes .
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep saucepan .
- Add the onion to the casserole and fry for two minutes.
- Add the chopped carrot, garlic, apricot, turmeric, ginger and cardamom to the casserole . Add water to prevent the mixture from drying.
- Add the lentils and stir the mixture for three minutes .
- Let the mixture boil and lower the heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the chopped spinach leaves while the mixture is still hot .
- Set the set to the point of salt.
- Open the sweet potatoes and add the mixture of the lentils, as well as a little coriander.
Sweet potatoes stuffed with lentils have a worse balanced exotic flavor . It’s one of those recipes that you make only once and then you can’t stop repeating it … Take the test!