Aragonese cuisine is full of delicious traditional dishes, such as chicken with chilindron, roast beef, lean with tomato, chicken in pepitoria, crumbs from Teruel or eggs Fools. It is a classic and delicious harvesting plate traditional and ancient that was born in times of skinny cows. Originally the ingredients were eggs, garlic, bread, parsley, and oil, but over time variants were invented with cod, salmorejo, lamb, or other ingredients.
This is a cheap and simple recipe, easy to prepare and very nutritious thanks to the eggs . They are similar to fritters, dishes with chopped or ground ingredients to hide poor quality meat or, conversely, to get better performance. Although of Aragonese origin (and some even say that it is of Sephardic origin), this dish is prepared throughout Spain, and is considered typical of Easter preparations.
On the other hand, the nutritional value of eggs is already known to all. A unit weighs between 35 and 60 grams and provides approximately 80 calories, although no fiber or carbohydrates . Nutritionally, the protein contained in the egg is taken as a reference standard to compare the other protein sources, since it is the one with the highest biological value (in 100 grams of egg there are 12 to 14 grams of protein). The egg also has lecithin, phospholipids, and omega 3 fatty acids.
- 3 eggs
- 500 grams of breadcrumbs from the day or days before
- 70 ml of milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Fresh parsley, chopped to taste
- Olive oil for frying
How to prepare the silly eggs:
- Crumble the crumb and mix with the milk . Move it with a fork so that it acquires the texture of a puree .
- Chop the garlic very fine .
- Add the parsley and garlic .
- Beat the eggs a little and mix them with the mashed bread . There should be a compact mass.
- Add salt. Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes .
- In a frying pan put enough oil for frying .
- When hot, take portions of the dough with a spoon and put them in the oil as if they were fritters.
- Fry on each side until golden brown .
- Reserve on absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- Serve hot .
If you want, you can add to the mixture of the silly eggs, ham or cheese taquitos, or previously sautéed strips of bacon. It is eaten throughout the year and you can serve them as starters. It is a rich way to take advantage of ingredients and for children to eat them.