Not by mixing and adding a thousand things to a salad it will be better. Good salads are those in which its ingredients combine perfectly, well integrated, whose flavors and textures contrast harmoniously. Some powerful, others soft, crispy, soft. That is why this smoked trout salad with Burgos cheese and grapes is ideal to make at home because precisely the strong flavor of smoked trout combines well with cheese.
Trout is a fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids, essential for good heart and brain health ; it is not fattening because for every 100 grams of meat it provides only 3 grams of fat. Also, the sodium content is low, so its consumption is recommended for hypertensive people. As for its vitamins, it has A and B group, especially B1, B2 and B3.
The Burgos cheese on the other hand, is one of the most representative of Castilla y León . It is a soft white cheese, formerly made from sheep's milk and nowadays with cow's milk or a mixture of both, for the high price of the former. The original tasted milder and less harsh on the palate, but the current one is still healthy and natural, and of course, delicious.
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 packet of green leaf buds
- 300 grams of smoked trout
- Cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams of Burgos cheese
- 2 tablespoons of assorted seeds
- Seedless green grapes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to prepare the smoked trout salad with Burgos cheese and grapes:
- Peel the grapes cut them in half and remove the seeds.
- Wash the leaves and the tomatoes .
- Chop with your hands the leaf sprouts and the lettuce.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters .
- Chop the smoked trout into small pieces.
- Arrange all the ingredients in a source: trout, cheese, tomatoes, grapes and leaves.
- Add the tablespoons of seeds .
- Mix everything.
- In a bottle put the lemon juice and the olive oil (one part of lemon for three of oil), salt and a touch of sugar. Shake and emulsify .
- Pour the dressing into the salad and stir.
- Sprinkle a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately .
Serve this smoked trout salad with Burgos cheese and grapes as a light dinner. Thanks to the trout you will have a succulent meal.