Sauteed meat is often a salvation in the kitchen . In minutes, we can solve the dinner of the day or prepare an exquisite and abundant meat dish to share with friends and family. And the best? The versatility of this preparation is so great that it admits practically all the ingredients. Next, we bring you this beef, mushroom and broccoli stir fry.
Beef, mushrooms and broccoli is a combination that provides various essential nutrients that we must consume daily. From the sirloin we will obtain proteins, vitamins (A, D, K and B complex), and minerals (iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc). In turn, broccoli is a vegetable that contains powerful antioxidants and components with an anticancer effect. Let’s not forget about mushrooms, optimal sources of liquids, proteins and minerals, with practically zero fat.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1 beef tenderloin
- 1 medium bunch of Broccoli (we will use only the flowers)
- of mushrooms or champignons
- 1 medium purple onion
- 30 g of cashews (you can substitute them for hazelnuts or almonds)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (you can substitute ½ teaspoon ginger powder)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey (make sure it is pure honey, and not honey-based food)
- Generous bouquet of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of neutral oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (we will use pink pepper, but you can choose the one you like the most)
- To start making our stir-fry, we must wash the broccoli piece well, taking advantage to separate the flowers from the central trunk. The idea is to prepare small bouquets, which can be cooked quickly when we skip the ingredients. Of course, we will not waste the parts of broccoli not used in this recipe, because with them we can prepare soups, stews, salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Now, we take the beef tenderloin and, if necessary, we remove remains of fat . With a sharp knife, first, we cut fine fillets and from each fillet, we cut very thin strips.
- Next, we wash the knife a little and take the opportunity to finely chop the mushrooms and the onion into julienne strips .
- We take a pan with good depth or a wok, where we add a tablespoon of oil. We bring to a high heat until the oil heats up and then add the onion.
- When they start to turn golden, we add the mushrooms and broccoli. Let’s jump for about five minutes, until the vegetables are tender and acquire a certain shine. We remove the pan from the heat and reserve this preparation in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the other tablespoon of oil and repeat the previous step with the beef. In other words, we wait for the oil to heat up and then add the strips of sirloin.
- When the meat is sealed (slightly golden in color) and does not appear raw, we add the above preparation of mushrooms, onions, and broccoli. Season to taste and also add ginger, cashews, soy sauce and honey. If we perceive that the honey takes time to melt, we can add 1 tablespoon of water or white wine.
- Saute the preparation a few more minutes until all the ingredients are completely incorporated. We will see that the solids will absorb a little liquid and the preparation will be more homogeneous and with a certain brightness.
- Done! We can now serve our stir fry of sirloin, mushrooms and broccoli. We recommend adding a touch of black sunflower seeds and chopped parsley on top.
Will you dare to make this spectacular recipe at home and share your results with us?