The puff pastry, artichokes, ham and cheese is a delicious and very simple dish to prepare. It is recommended to use serrano ham and cheddar cheese to achieve more intense flavors, in addition to the nutritious artichoke that gives the perfect touch to the recipe. You can use fresh artichokes or, if you are in a hurry, canned, to speed up the preparation of the recipe. The puff pastry sheet can also be purchased ready from the supermarket, making it even easier to prepare the cake.
The artichoke is a vegetable that offers incredible health benefits. It is an excellent purifier of the liver, since it helps the production of bile and eliminates fats. Consuming it consistently is recommended, as it helps lessen the effects of diseases such as gout, arthritis, and liver disease.
- 6 fresh artichokes
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 small onion
- 100 gr. of serrano ham
- 100 gr. grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of salt
How to prepare salty pie with puff pastry, artichokes, ham and cheese:
- Pour water into a container and add the juice of one lemon.
- Remove the outer, hard leaves from the artichokes until you reach the softest, yellowest leaves. Remove the hard parts and place them in the container with water and lemon . This, to avoid rust.
- In a saucepan with plenty of water, add a tablespoon of salt. Heat over high heat until it comes to a boil.
- When boiling, add the artichokes, lower the heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes, drain and cut them in half. Book.
- Peel and cut the onion into thin, elongated strips.
- Cut the Serrano ham into thin, elongated strips
- In a frying pan, pour the extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Heat over medium heat and add the onion . Cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the Serrano ham and cook for 1 minute . Book.
- In a baking dish, put baking paper until completely covered.
- Place the puff pastry sheet to the edges . If it is left over, fold it in. Prick with a fork the entire base of the sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Distribute the artichokes in the puff pastry add the onion and serrano ham and spread the grated cheddar cheese over the entire tart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edge of the puff pastry is browned and the cheese has been browned.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes to remove the tart.
The salty puff pastry tart, artichokes, ham and cheese is an excellent choice for dinner or as a starter. Its delicious combination of textures and flavors make it a delicious dish.