We present you a recipe for bombs of potatoes stuffed with corn, chicken and cheese . The potato is native to America, where it has been cultivated for 8,000 years and there are about 200 varieties. Several Latin American countries rival each other to see who invented stuffed potatoes, such as Peru, Chile, and Colombia. The truth is that as potatoes became popular as food in Europe, similar recipes appeared in the gastronomy of all peoples.
It is an ideal snack to eat by hand, as an aperitif, to freeze and for those who must eat away from home. This recipe for potatoes stuffed with corn, chicken and cheese is a typical recipe for harvest meals … from the leftovers of the previous day! We are sure that they are not missing in any home and your creativity will allow you to adapt the recipe to what you find in the refrigerator. For example, you can replace mozzarella cheese with grated cheese and chicken with minced beef.
- 3 large potatoes
- 250 gr. cooked chicken
- 1 egg
- Flour, quantity required
- 1/2 can of corn kernels and ½ can of creamy corn
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg to coat
- Pepper, nutmeg, chopped parsley
- Oil for frying
- Bring the washed potatoes to a boil, with the skin on . Then it will be easier to peel them.
- When they are tender, remove them from the water and remove the skin.
- Reduce to mash while hot.
- Add the egg season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Gradually adding all the flour that can absorb until achieving a smooth, non-sticky consistency.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. Undo the cooked chicken into strands and mix with the creamy corn. Add the corn kernels. Season to taste and add the chopped parsley.
- When the dough is cold take portions, make a hole in the palm of the hand, place a tablespoon of filling, cheese cubes to taste and close, smoothing and giving an elongated shape.
- Pass through the beaten egg, coat in the breadcrumbs and fry in hot oil until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange on absorbent paper to remove excess oil and serve.
The only condition that you must meet in order for this to be the authentic Latin American recipe for potatoes stuffed with corn, chicken and cheese is that the pumps have an elongated shape, never spherical. Let’s eat!