This incredible super-orange sponge cake is the perfect snack or breakfast. With a simple and natural base, with orange we will create a sweet that will make history. The homemade biscuits have nothing to do with shopping or industrial pastries. Made with love and known ingredients, this recipe is a staple that will never fail. Its preparation has a trick, a dough that we will make separating the yolks from the whites to achieve a fluffier result, with just the yeast and a little time, the result is spectacular. Dare to create an incredible orange super-sponge cake.
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 plain yogurt
- 300 gr of flour
- 300 gr of sugar
- 1 packet of yeast
- The zest of the skin of 2 oranges
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 60 ml of oil
How to prepare an orange super-sponge cake
- This classic will prepare very easily and will always look good. The secret that we have a very fluffy mass is the eggs.
- We will get to work with the eggs . We separate the yolks from the whites, this step is essential.
- We beat the whites until stiff. Add a pinch of salt to keep it in perfect condition.
- We continue with the protagonist of the sponge cake, the orange. We grate the skin of two oranges . This ingredient will give you the flavor you will need.
- We will include a glass of natural orange juice to further enhance this citrus. With the incorporated orange it will be the turn of the flour.
- We beat the yolks with the sugar until we have a fine dough or sauce. We will add the olive oil while stirring.
- We sift the flour and add it to the yolks with the sugar and oil. We also add the sieved yeast, this way we will not have any lumps.
- At this point, we put the whites together we incorporate them with wrapping movements so that the yogurt is very spongy.
- We grease a baking dish we will grease it with butter. We will pour the dough and let it cook in the oven at 180º for about 40 minutes.
- The cake will be ready when we insert a toothpick and it comes out clean . We turn off the oven and remove it.
- We wait for it to cool down to remove it from the mold . We can decorate it with icing sugar or if we dare with a frosty orange.