This recipe for Lamb Neck Chops in Porto is very delicious and pleasing to the eye . Whoever tastes it will not stop eating from the plate until everything is finished. The lamb meat is for many a true delicacy, for its delicious flavor and its quite juicy texture. This meat is very versatile, it can be prepared in hundreds of ways, whether grilled, stewed or baked. There are even those who prepare them as croquettes. In this recipe, the chops are browned on both sides on the griddle and covered with a porto sauce and sautéed potatoes.
To achieve a more pronounced flavor of the chops, it is recommended to use the marinating technique in this preparation, before cooking them on the grill. In this recipe, the chops are spread with mustard, oil and thyme. Thus, it would be best to leave the chops to marinate in this mixture in the refrigerator overnight.
- 1/2 k of lamb neck chops
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Thyme to taste (optional)
- 200 g of milk cream
- Salt and pepper
- Port wine
- 1 onion, julienned
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped chives
How to prepare lamb chops in Porto:
- Put the oil, thyme and mustard in a bowl mix everything and set aside.
- Season the lamb chops.
- Brush the chops with the help of a brush the mixture that was previously prepared.
- Heat the grill or a frying pan and when it is very hot, place the chops and cook them on both sides for about 5 minutes or until the desired cooking is achieved.
- Give the chops a pinch of salt.
- In another frying pan add a drizzle of olive oil and fry the garlic and onion for a couple of minutes. Do not take your eyes off the pan, as they could burn.
- Pour the port and reduce it for a few moments.
- Lower the temperature over low heat to add the milk cream.
- Cook until the desired thickness of the sauce is achieved. And season to taste.
- Put the butter in a frying pan and when it melts, sauté the potatoes together with the chive cut into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve this dish, pour a little of the sauce in the middle of the plate. Place the chops on top of the sauce and serve with the fried potatoes.
The best thing about this exquisite recipe is that its elaboration is not complex at all and the time it takes to be ready is very short. Dare to cook at home.