Making a homemade yogurt without yogurt maker is possible and will guarantee us exceptional food. Imagine creating our yogurts made to order, fresh and delicious only seems possible with a yogurt maker. The reality is that without this tool the same result can be achieved. The dairy products are essential in a balanced diet, they help the immune system, one of the most important. You can make homemade yogurts of all kinds, we only need two basic ingredients that we can customize. If you want to know how easy it is to always have fresh yogurts, those that are remembered and that take us to another era, take note of these steps.
- 1 l of milk
- 1 plain unsweetened yogurt
How to prepare homemade yogurt without a yogurt maker
- This homemade yogurt without a yogurt maker needs a yogurt first . It is important that it is unsweetened and unpasteurized. This first piece will be the one that makes the difference. From this yogurt we can make the following, without the need to buy more.
- Making yogurt at home means saving and betting on health. Milk has a price of cents that guarantees a total of 4 or 5 homemade yogurts, being much cheaper than those in the supermarket.
- In addition, we can help the environment reducing plastics. Yogurts will need glass containers or glasses to be able to leave them in the fridge. They are reused each time and allow to eliminate plastics in the kitchen.
- For this recipe we will use the type of milk that we like the most knowing that it will influence the final result. Semi-skimmed, skimmed or whole, will have a lot to do with the calories and creaminess point of the yogurt.
- We put the milk to a boil in a saucepan we will let it heat up so that it can receive the yogurt and begin to ferment.
- When it starts to boil, remove the milk from the set and wait for it to cool down, it should be around 40º when you add the yogurt .
- We put the yogurt and stir until it is perfectly incorporated. We distribute the yogurt in containers.
- We cover the yogurts and leave in a warm place in the house for about 12 hours. After this time we will have some incredible homemade yogurts ready.
- The yogurt maker is faster, but this preparation is the traditional of those of a lifetime. We can enjoy our yogurts whenever we feel like it.
- We serve with a little fruit or muesli to create the perfect snack or breakfast full of good feelings.