The cooking of a Hake, Leek and Mussel Pie with Aioli sauce is a first-rate recipe for any occasion . It is a way to take advantage of fish and other marine products that have already been prepared, and can be used frozen without any problem. There is a wide variety of fish cakes, but the delicacy of hake makes this recipe one of the best.
On the other hand, the traditional aioli sauce typical of Mediterranean cuisine, is perfect to accompany this dish . The mixture of oil and garlic (and hence the name), has its origin in ancient Egypt. From there it later passed to the Romans, who actually perfected the sauce by taking advantage of the Mediterranean olive groves and the always lavish countryside. The making of his aioli was somewhat more watered down than it is today.
The recipe quickly spread throughout the Italian territory, specifically Sicily and Calabria. The inhabitants of what is now Andalusia would take it north, and it dispersed throughout Provence and the Balearic Islands. In its primitive origin, aioli was a mixture of crushed garlic and olive oil to form a cream; It was considered rather humble, as opposed to the cream made with egg and oil, the mayonnaise which was consumed by the people of greater resources. Without a doubt, where there were olive groves and garlic, there was aioli .
- 300 grams of hake
- 300 grams of cooked mussels
- 200 grams of leeks
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml of cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
How to prepare the cake of hake, leeks and mussels with aioli sauce:
- Cut the leek into thin slices. Poach in olive oil. Reserve .
- Grind the hake add the salt point. Mix with two beaten eggs and the cream . Book.
- Chop the mussels .
- Mix the mussels with one third of the hake paste . Book.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Paint a rectangular mold with olive oil .
- First pour a part of the hake mixture then the leeks, another part of hake and lastly the mussel mixture .
- Rectify the salt touch of the assembly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 180 ° for 45 minutes in a water bath . If a toothpick comes out clean, it is ready. Take out and let cool .
- To make the aioli : in the whisk glass put 1 egg, the garlic, parsley and salt, begin to beat and gradually add the oil in thread without lifting the mixer . When the desired thickness point is reached, it will be ready.
Prepare this hake, leeks and mussels cake with aioli sauce and serve it as an appetizer with slices of toast or with a good cooked white rice. It will be a complete success.