Cakes are excellent alternatives for breakfast, to accompany a coffee in the afternoon or to treat yourself after dinner. Although industrial products of this type abound, homemade preparations with fresh ingredients are always healthier and tastier. Here we propose you to learn this recipe for grape cakes and honey that is super practical and economical.
But if you are still not convinced to try it, you may be interested to know that this dish is much more than a delicacy. Beyond its exquisite flavor, the combination of grapes and honey is very nutritious and offers interesting benefits to our body. Grapes are rich in vitamins A, C, K and B complex, which contribute to the strengthening of the immune system. In addition, they provide a wide range of minerals, such as copper, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, selenium and zinc. And let’s not forget that they are great sources of natural antioxidants, such as resveratriol and flavonoids.
To all this we add the antibacterial, healing and moisturizing properties of honey a powerful food packed with nutrients. Now, you know that there are plenty of reasons to taste good grape and honey cakes. We see, then, the step by step of its preparation:
- 1 kg of fresh grapes
- 50g of honey
- 500g of flour
- 25g butter
- 35cc of neutral vegetable oil
- 30g of sugar
- 100g of chopped nines (optional)
- 10g of organic pressed yeast (for bakery)
- Before starting to prepare your grape and honey cakes, you must choose the grape variety that you will use . The production process will be identical, but the flavor will change radically depending on the grapes you choose. What is the best grape to make cakes? Well, the one you like the most!
- After deciding on the grapes, we will need to wash them well and remove the seeds . Next, we crush them and reduce them in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, we prepare the dough by mixing all the ingredients with the exception of honey. We integrate and knead well until obtaining a smooth dough, which we will let rest for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- When we perceive that the reduction acquires a slightly lighter texture than a jam, we turn off the fire. Now, will need to rest until room temperature.
- While we wait for the reduction to cool down, we start working with the dough rested . First, we divide into four buns, with which we will prepare two grape and honey cakes. Next, we will stretch each of the buns to four to form equal rectangles.
- We choose two of the rectangles to serve as the base of our cakes and we arrange them on a plate or mold previously greased.
- The reduction in room temperature will serve as a filling . Therefore, we will arrange it on the rectangles, distributing evenly. If we want, we add some chopped nuts and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Next, we close the cakes with the other two rectangles and paint them with honey.
- We take it to to bake in an oven previously heated to 190ºC . We take them out when they are golden. When they are at room temperature, sprinkle a little powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Done! You can now taste your delicious grape and honey cakes at any time of the day.
What do you think of our recipe? Would you dare to prepare it and share your tips and results with us? Leave us your comment!