When summer approaches, you want to enjoy light and fresh dishes. An excellent option is to prepare escarole, mango and avocado salad . These three foods complement each other perfectly, as the avocado has an almost neutral pulp, which works well in both sweet and salty recipes. The mango is aromatic, juicy and sweet. To complete and add volume, the endive, which has a very special bitter taste and is the star of this recipe, as it helps to balance the dish. Whoever invented the salad never imagined how far you could go with these lettuces, nowadays they are much more than a plate of seasoned vegetables. Each cook has the freedom to create his own salad recipe, combining textures, flavors, colors and aromas that are served as a starter or main course.
The escarole, magician and avocado salad is rich and varied in textures . It ranges from smooth and creamy, to crisp. Of course, so many different foods also provide various nutrients. For example, endive is a source of iron, potassium, manganese, and fiber. The bitter taste that it has comes from a substance called intibine, useful to improve digestion because it helps the liver to perform its functions. Mango is a source of countless antioxidant vitamins, good to prevent premature aging and strengthen defenses; as for the avocado, it provides beneficial fats for the heart.
- 100 gr of endive
- 1 handle
- 1 avocado
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of wine or apple vinegar
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare endive, mango and avocado salad:
- Wash the endive very well, drying it with absorbent paper. Cut into large pieces and reserve.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel the mango and the avocado, remove the pit and cut the pulp into small pieces of the same size.
- Cut the onion into thin slices.
- Heat a pan that is a little greased. Chop the pine nuts and sauté for three minutes.
- Mix the oil with the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste . Beat the dressing until smooth.
- Place the lettuce in a salad bowl, on top place the onion rings, the tomatoes and the fruit.
- Add the toasted and still warm pine nuts.
- Sprinkle with the dressing.
- Bring the escarole, mango and avocado salad to the table right away.
Get the recipe for the escarole, mango and avocado salad. You can serve it as a starter or main, if you add other ingredients, such as cooked quail eggs.