The recipe for cod to brás is typical of the Portuguese gastronomy and of Macao (there due to the administration of the Portuguese empire over this region from the middle of the 16th century until 1999). It is quick and easy to make, and it is one of the richest dishes with cod . In some places in Portugal, in the menus it is written with Z, because the inventor of the plate was called Braz and he wrote it with the old spelling (with Z).
In areas surrounding the border between Spain and Portugal there are varieties of this preparation called bacalhau dourado . Cod is a migratory fish that lives in the cold northern seas; Although in general it is small, you can get copies of up to 100 kilos and 2 meters. Eat smaller fish, such as herring or sardines. There are other types of cod, such as the Pacific or Greenland cod. In any case, it is a product with many nutrients .
- 400 grams of cod
- 6 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 300 grams of potatoes
- 60 grams of black olives
- Parsley to taste
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare the braised cod recipe:
- First of all, you have to desalt the cod : place it under the tap and carefully and carefully remove the surface salt.
- Then fill a large container with very cold water and submerge the cod with the skin facing up (it is convenient to put a grid in the container and the cod over it, so that the salt deposited in the bottom does not touch the fish). Put it in the fridge to keep it as cold as possible.
- Change the water to the cod at least three times a day, and leave it one day to remove all the salt .
- Once desalinated, put a pot on the fire with hot water and cook it for 5-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the piece).
- It will be ready when the flakes begin to separate. Take out and reserve in a source .
- Cut the onion in half moons, the garlic very finely, the potatoes as well, straw type, and chop the parsley often .
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and put the garlic ; when they are fried add the onion and a pinch of salt . Cook well over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked .
- In a separate frying pan, fry the straw potatoes in plenty of oil . Drain and place on absorbent paper.
- As the cod cools, remove the bones and skin and separate it into flakes or highlights .
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper .
- When the onion is ready, add the cod, sauté for a few moments and add the fried potatoes .
- Mix everything and add the beaten eggs .
- Stir carefully until the egg begins to curdle. Turn off so it does not dry.
- Set the set to the point of salt.
- Add the chopped parsley, stir and serve in a bowl .
Decorate the plate with black olives and more parsley. If you like fish dishes, the brás cod recipe will become your favorite.