The recipe for coconut and pineapple custard is a delicious and nutritious variation at the same time . Flan is a very old dessert and would even date back to the Phoenicians and Romans; In Christian Lent in the Middle Ages it was one of the few sweets allowed by the church. Its base is egg, milk and sugar, although there are many ways to do it depending on the distribution of its ingredients. Some really emblematic versions are the presentation from Croatia, called rožata and the popular Venezuelan cheese. In many countries, variations of these desserts are quite widespread in the western world.
In this case, the traditional ingredients will be accompanied by two very nutritious fruits: coconut and pineapple . Both are excellent for cleaning the digestive system and the whole body in general. Coconut has antioxidants and substances such as vitamin C that contribute to the strengthening of the human immune system. For its part, pineapple has vitamins A, B1 and C and potassium. Next, we will explain how to make this ideal dessert for any time of the day and occasion … Keep reading!
Ingredients for the flan:
- 1 can of pineapple of 200 grams
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
Ingredients to make the candy:
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
How to prepare a recipe for coconut and pineapple flan:
- Bring a pot to a boil with the sugar and water assigned for the caramel .
- Add the lemon juice to the caramel and cook without stirring for 10 minutes.
- Spread the caramel in the mold in which the flan will be cooked .
- Remove the juice from the canned pineapple with the help of a strainer.
- Beat the eggs with the yolks .
- Place the pineapple juice with the coconut milk and sugar that was set aside for the flan in another pot.
- Cook the mixture until the sugar dissolves and add the beaten eggs .
- Transfer the flan mixture to the mold and place on a bain-marie in the oven. Bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the flan from the oven and let cool in the same mold .
- Place the flan in the refrigerator for one hour so that it takes density.
- Take out of the refrigerator and place a plate on top. Turn the mold so that the flan can come out.
It is a good idea to decorate the top of this dessert with some remaining canned pineapple chunks.