To succeed with a starter on your menu, it is necessary to prepare a salad of caramelized pear and goat cheese . It is possible to get out of the routine mixing ingredients that seem to have nothing in common, but that melt in the palate in an explosion of flavor. For example, soft pulp fruits are an excellent companion to intense cheeses. The most demanding diners will be fascinated with this salad, which has nothing to envy to those served in the best gourmet restaurants. If at home they have not yet tried goat cheese this is a good opportunity to do so, and incorporate it into the diet forever, as it enhances the dishes in an incredible way.
The caramelized pear and goat cheese salad is appetizing and healthy, since it contains two products that contain enough nutrients to complete the diet. The pear is a source of minerals and vitamins that help prevent some diseases, such as arthritis, gout or gallbladder problems. As for goat cheese, with a strong aroma and flavor, it is much richer in protein and calcium than ordinary cheese. These components strengthen bones and muscles, and it is easy to digest. Lettuce completes the recipe with lots of fiber, perfect for balancing intestinal function.
- 1 large pear
- 50 gr of goat cheese
- 4 walnuts
- 100 gr of assorted lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Vinegar of Modena
- Olive oil
How to prepare caramelized pear and goat cheese salad:
- Chop the nuts.
- Peel the pear, cut it in half and remove the core. Cut into thin slices.
- Heat a frying pan and add the butter. When it melts, add the sugar and the pear slices.
- Lower the heat and cook until the pear is golden brown on both sides.
- Cut the lettuce into thick julienne.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl.
- Break up the goat cheese and spread it on top of the lettuce along with the chopped walnuts.
- Add the caramelized pear.
- Mix in a bowl a little oil, vinegar and salt. Beat until homogeneous.
- Pour this dressing over the caramelized pear and goat cheese salad. Serve immediately.
If you want to surprise, do not hesitate to prepare a delicious caramelized pear and goat cheese salad, original and irresistible from start to finish. To add volume and texture to the salad, use different varieties of lettuce. Choose the most tender and juicy leaves.