The recipe for caldereta de raya is traditional Galician specifically from the fishing town of Portonovo. It comes from the Rías Baixas area, where the gastronomic festival in honor of la raya is held, during the months of April and May. In order for the dish to obtain the best results, it is important to purchase a stripe with a pinkish-white underside. The ray is a soft meat, without bones, which makes it easier to use in the diet of older people and children.
Stingray is a low-fat fish that is recommended in weight-control or fat-restricted diets. Provides water-soluble vitamins like those of group B highlighting B1, B2 and B3. The latter is also called niacin, important for the conversion of food into energy. On the other hand, it helps to maintain an optimal state of the skin, nerves and muscles.
- 2 stripe fins
- 5 medium potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 pork loin nut
- 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
How to prepare the ray stew recipe:
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into four pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut it into large pieces.
- In a wide saucepan, pour plenty of water and a little salt. Add the potatoes, onion and parsley and cook for 15 minutes over high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the stripe fins into pieces.
- After 15 minutes of cooking the potatoes, add the stripe to the saucepan. Season to taste and let cook for 6 minutes. Book.
- Peel the garlic and crush it
- In a wide frying pan, pour the olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic and the pork fat . Stir until the melt has melted. When melted, remove the pan from the heat and let cool and pour into a bowl.
- Add the sweet paprika and vinegar to the bowl . Mix the garlic very well.
- When serving, place the stripe, potatoes and onion on the plate. Sprinkle with the pork fat and decorate with a sprig of parsley.
Surprise the family with this delicious scallop stew recipe. It is a healthy and very comfortable way to consume fish, as you will not find any bones. Ideal for the children of the house to get used to these ingredients.