Banderillas have become a mandatory presence at family gatherings and events, due to their textures, color and variety of flavor. Thanks to the ease of its preparation and the versatility when it comes to combining ingredients, this snack is incredibly popular around the world. Today, we propose you to prepare some exquisite banderillas of grapes and anchovies homemade to taste before the main dishes.
Anchovies are very popular in the Iberian Peninsula and can be found at affordable prices almost all year round. There is no shortage of typical dishes with this ingredient, which combines very well with an incredible variety of products. Likewise, the anchovy or anchovy (as it is called in northern Spain), accepts almost all kinds of cooking without complications.
But this recipe is not just about revisiting traditions, but also about achieving a nutritious dish that contributes to a balanced diet . Anchovies are excellent sources of lean protein and essential fatty acids mainly omega 3. To this we add the wide range of vitamins (A, C and K), minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, zinc, selenium, etc.) and powerful natural antioxidants.
- 16 of grapes (preferably seedless)
- 16 fresh anchovies
- 100g of fresh cheese
- 16 pitted olives
- 4 pickled chilli peppers
- 16 pickled gherkins
- Parsley sprig
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- To begin with, we cleaned the anchovies, removing their heads and viscera, to prepare small loins.
- Next, we put the anchovies to marinate with the garlic and the parsley, finely chopped, the olive oil and the lemon juice, for one hour. Remember that if you overdo the marinade, the lemon will cook fresh foods, especially the proteins in fish.
- We cut the fresh cheese into cubes of the same size.
- Next, we removed the stems from the chillies and cut them into four equal parts each.
- With all the ingredients ready, we started with the assembly of our banderillas of grapes and anchovies. The process is very simple: it is enough to insert a unit of each ingredient in the toothpick. In our case, we follow the following order: an olive, a portion of chilli, a piece of cheese, a grape, a loin of anchovy and a pickle.
- One by one, we assemble all the sticks of the banderillas and put them on a tray, plate or container that we choose to present them.
Done! We already have ready our delicious and super easy banderillas of grapes and anchovies with a touch of cheese and olives. If we want to reserve them to consume later, we take them to the fridge until it is time to serve them.