Although the recipe for apple and cinnamon jam is very versatile, because of its flavor it can be eaten even alone. Like many other types of jams, their preparation is of very low difficulty. Its ingredients, which are few, are in most cases already found in any home. This way of preparing jam has its origins in United States ; in this area of North America it is customary to prepare this delicacy in the autumn season.
The jam artisanal can be quickly spoiled if certain recommendations are not followed. For example, jams should be stored in sterile containers that seal in a vacuum. To sterilize the container, boil it in water for 15 minutes. However, the amount of sugar will have a great influence on the conservation time. If the sugar level is low, the jam usually lasts only a few days. On the other hand, with a high degree of sugar and following all the recommendations, the jam can last even months stored in the cold.
- 2 medium red apples
- 1 cup of sugar (preferably brown)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 splash of lime juice
- A touch of nutmeg
How to prepare the apple and cinnamon jam recipe:
- Clean, core and cut the apple into small pieces . The decision to remove the apple skin depends on each person. But if it is not done, you have to choose organic apples and clean them well.
- Place the apple pieces and the cinnamon in a saucepan with a little water, enough to lightly cover the apple.
- Cook the apple at medium temperature for approximately 15 minutes and do not forget to stir frequently. Cooking should not be neglected.
- Stop cooking when the apple texture is soft and then allow it to cool.
- Crush the apples with the help of a food processor or mixer. It can also be done with a puree, only the consistency will be more robust.
- Add the nutmeg and sugar and cook the mixture in a saucepan, stirring constantly. Finally add the lemon juice.
- When the jam has a creamy texture it is stored in a sterilized container sealed in a vacuum and refrigerated.
The world of desserts is very wide. When you discover how to make your own jam, you will start experimenting with different ingredients and using it on different dishes.