Nothing better to brighten up a dinner or home-cooked meal than a delicious leek pie with Iberian ham. This combination is one of those classics that is hardly forgotten. With a base of leeks that delicate and sweet flavor that will give this cake the perfect contrast. A few tacos or slices of Iberico ham will merge that amount of fat and salt that it has in a creamy sea of cream for cooking and cheese. A fusion of flavors and textures that will take us to absolute ecstasy. Take note of this salty cake, it looks amazing.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 young onions
- 800 gr of leeks
- 120 gr of Iberian ham
- 130 gr of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 200 ml of cream for cooking
How to prepare a leek cake with Iberian ham
01. This recipe is especially easy to prepare and it is spectacular. An alternative to pizza that can provide us with a truly unique home experience. We will start by lighting the oven and preparing the source to put the dough.
2. We extend the sheet of the puff pastry . We put it in the mold and prick it with a fork so that it does not rise and reserve.
3. We continue with the incredible filling of this cake. We peel the leeks, remove the green part and cut the white. We will repeat the operation with the onions, peel them and cut into julienne strips.
4. In a frying pan with a good splash of oil we will cook the leeks and the onion . It will not be necessary to add salt, the Iberico ham itself will provide us with a good amount of this flavor, it is better not to overdo it and rectify it later.
5. The type of ham will be the one we like the most . We can cut a good piece into small blocks of the same size or add slices. We put them in the pan with the leek when it is tender.
6. We will have the creamiest part of this cake. M we mix the cream with the tablespoon of flour we can add 2 if we want a more consistent dough.
7. When we have the flour perfectly integrated, we put the cheese. We mix it with the rest of the ingredients until we have an ideal dough.
8. Pour the leeks with the ham on the puff pastry base . We will add the cream with the flour and the cheese.
9. We bake this delicious cake at 180º for about 40 minutes . We will have ready a salty cake that is impressive for its flavor, texture and good sensations.