The ranchero steak recipe is a traditional preparation of Mexican and Texan food . For many Mexicans it is synonymous with being at home and with the family. The ranch steak can be described in a few words as a meat stew topped with a sauce. For this recipe, the meat is sometimes cut into pieces or strips. But there are those who decide to use all the steak and cover it with sauce. In this stew, as in most Mexican dishes, hot pepper is added; but if you are not used to this flavor you can do without it.
Many call this dish Mexican steak. Although the ranchero steak and Mexican steak are somewhat related and contain practically the same ingredients, they are not the same dish. For example, for the preparation of the ranchero steak the vegetables are crushed, while in the Mexican steak these are chopped into smaller pieces.
This recipe, since it contains a meat product of animal origin, has a high content of proteins that are healthy for the body. Furthermore, its ingredients do not represent a high budget . Much less will it be a headache to get them from a supermarket.
- 50 ml of rum
- 1/2 k of beef steak
- 1 spicy jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1/2 k of tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion cut into pieces
- A splash of vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Cup of water
- 1/2 julienned onion
How to prepare a ranch steak:
- Roast the tomatoes, chilies, garlic and onion cut into pieces on a grill or griddle over indirect heat.
- Once everything is well roasted, place the ingredients in the glass of a mixer or food processor.
- Then, add the chicken stock and the water . Season to taste.
- Shred food until everything is well mixed and set aside.
- In a saucepan pour a splash of vegetable oil over medium heat. When it is very hot add the meat steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the meat so that it is browned on all sides, add a pinch of salt, and fry the onion in julienne strips or thin strips.
- Add the sauce, stir and cook until herb. That way the meat continues to cook for a couple of minutes.
Once you prepare this recipe, you can prepare its other variant in which only the ingredients are minced. So you can decide which one tastes more delicious.