Quinoa Salad with Tofu is a delicious treat for the first hot days of the year. Complete and nutritious, it can be stored from one day to the next with the assurance that it will be much tastier. It is ideal as a starter or accompaniment to grilled meats, roast chicken or fish. Another option is to add tuna and cooked egg then it becomes a satisfying and fresh first course. Quinoa is a pseudo cereal that was already consumed by Native Americans. It was highly appreciated, as it is beneficial for health. Washing water was even used, as quinoa contains saponin, a component that also contains soaps.
This salad with quinoa and tofu is a good idea to increase defenses since it provides multiple nutrients. It is important to wash the beans well, to ensure that there are no traces of saponin left. Quinoa is a source of high biological value proteins and Omega 6. This last compound is vital for the good health of the heart and brain. It is also rich in minerals such as calcium and iron, vitamins C, E and group B.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 200 gr of firm tofu
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make a summer quinoa salad with tofu:
- Wash the quinoa several times under the tap, until the water runs clear and bubble-free.
- Put the water with half a teaspoon of salt in a saucepan and heat.
- When the boil breaks, add the quinoa. Lower the heat and allow it to completely absorb the water. To place in a source and to allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the cucumber and tomatoes into small pieces. Cut the tofu of the same size.
- Chop the garlic cloves.
- Mix three tablespoons of oil, with the lemon juice the minced garlic, the parsley and the mind. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the quinoa is lukewarm, add the vegetables, tofu, and dressing. Mix well. Let stand in the fridge until ready to take to the table.
- Serve the summer quinoa salad with tofu.
Do not wait any longer to try this rich and complete summer quinoa salad with tofu. You can replace the vegetables with the ones you have in the fridge. Accept asparagus, green beans, cooked corn, carrots, or whatever comes to mind.