Although the quinoa risotto with vegetables and cheese sauce is not suitable for vegans (because it contains cheese), it is a very healthy recipe and delicious that will surprise with its flavor and texture. Quinoa is a relatively new food for us. This seed native to America is consumed as if it were a cereal and the benefits it brings to the body are countless, in addition to a thousand and one ways to use it in the kitchen.
Quinoa provides approximately 16 grams of vegetable protein for every 100 grams of food containing much more protein percentage than any other cereal. Fats are unsaturated, with a large amount of omega 3 and 6 acids, and fiber is extremely high, which is very beneficial for intestinal transit. It has minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc, and the B and E vitamins index is notorious. It is especially recommended for people with gluten intolerance.
- 1 cup of quinoa grain
- 150 grams of mushrooms
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 100 ml of white wine
- Vegetable broth, enough
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 carrot
- Goat cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How to prepare a quinoa risotto with vegetables and cheese sauce:
- Wash the quinoa very well before cooking it.
- Cut all the vegetables into small dice . The mushrooms in plates .
- In a large saucepan, add a splash of oil and sauté the onion .
- When ready, add the garlic, stir .
- Then, add the carrot and the eggplant. Then the mushrooms .
- Add the quinoa sauté. Add the wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add little by little the hot vegetable stock leave to cook and wait for it to evaporate. Add more stock, as needed .
- Approximately 12-15 minutes put out the fire . Quinoa is ready when in the center it is completely transparent and a white filament is seen on one side.
- At this time incorporate both cheeses by turning it a few turns to mix well.
- Rectify the salt end point.
- Let stand covering the pan with a cloth .
- Serve hot .
Quinoa risotto with vegetables and cheese sauce can be prepared with vegan cheese if you want a dish completely free of animal products. The combination of goat cheese and parmesan gives a very creamy and smooth texture to the preparation. Serve with a green leafy salad, served separately, with a light lemon vinaigrette and olive oil.